ESSAY CONTEST SUBMISSION
Thursday August 15, the Washington County Fair debuts our first Military Appreciation Day - and with that in mind we have our first contest of 2019! It is important to teach the next generation to be mindful and appreciative of the United States military, and how privileged we are to live safely in the USA because of their sacrifices.
DETAILS: The contest is open to youth ages 6-17, with the topic of 'Why I Am Proud Of Our Military’. THREE of the submissions will be chosen by our Fair committee, and these three essays will be READ ALOUD by the authors, on the Washington County Fair portable stage on Thursday August 15 as part of Military Appreciation Day.
PRIZE: Cash prize of $100 for each of the top three essays, plaque, and complimentary admission on Thursday August 15! Selected essay contestants will read their essay live on the Washington County Fair portable stage on Thursday at 6:30 pm.
- In 500 words or less, describe how the United States Military (past and present) protects our country's freedom and safety.
- Contest is open to age groups 6-9yrs, 10-13yrs, and 14-17yrs (one essay will be selected per age group)
- DEADLINE is Thursday August 1st, 2019 at midnight.
- Author must be between 6-17 years of age and include valid DOB at submission.
- Selected authors must be willing and able to arrive at event on Thursday August 15 at 6pm and to read essay aloud on stage.