RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Fair Committee will not be responsible for any accidents that may occur on the grounds or in the buildings.
- The Fair Committee will exercise care to insure the safety of exhibits, but will not be responsible for losses or damage which may occur. In addition to the Richmond Police Department, there will be a private security force on duty.
- No alcoholic beverage shall be allowed on the Fairgrounds and no coolers may be brought onto the grounds.
- Meals and refreshments will be on sale at the Fairgrounds. These concessions are reserved and will be handled by the Fair Committees representatives. All ice used on the fairgrounds must be purchased from the Pomona Kitchen.
- Motor Vehicles will not be allowed on the grounds during the hours of operation: Wednesday - Saturday 10am to 11pm and Sunday 10am to 8pm.
- The Fair Committee shall reserve the right to refuse anyone admittance to the Fairgrounds. Any concessionaire, exhibitor or Fair patron that may become argumentative or disruptive with any Fair staff member or Fair committee member will be subject to: 1) sanction or short term expulsion (1 day) 2) expulsion from the fair for the duration of the current fair, 3) forfeiture of the right to attend the fair for life: This being the decision of the Fair Committee.
- Exhibits will be accepted from 10:00am to 9:00pm on the Monday preceding the fair in the Arts & Crafts Building and the Agriculture Building, and 1:00pm to 8:00pm in the 4-H Building. No exhibits will be accepted in these buildings on any other day. There may be other entry times for other exhibit areas. Consult the rules of the department in which you wish to place an exhibit. All exhibitors must fill out entry cards giving their complete name, address and zip code.
- No exhibits will be accepted on Wednesday morning.
- Exhibits can not be removed before Sunday evening of fair.
- Prize money will be forfeited on article or animal removed prior to dismissal on the Sunday of fair.
- Exhibitors will be admitted to the fairgrounds by showing their claim check from their exhibit tag starting at 8:00pm on the Sunday of fair.
- Grange, Arts & Crafts, Flower, Vegetables and 4-H exhibits will be housed in enclosed exhibit buildings.
- Entries will be disqualified if regulations are not followed.
- Premium awards will be paid at the Fair Office to persons who have winning items on the Sunday of Fair from noon to 9:30pm. In the event awards are not picked up on Sunday of the fair, they will be mailed to exhibitors winning them ONLY in the event that we have the complete address on file. If not, awards will be forfeited. Note: Premiums of $10.00 or less will not be mailed!
- There will be a committee composed of the Officers of the Fair Committee which will have the power to give recognition to any exhibit at the fair for which there is no category and which they think worthy of receiving such recognition. In all classes in all departments where there is no competition, first, (1st) premium may be awarded but only second (2nd) money paid.
- No person will be allowed to interfere with the judges while in discharge of their duties and any person so interfering will be excluded from competition. Competent judges will be employed to judge all exhibits and contests.
- No person will be allowed in the ring(s) during competition unless they are wearing approved identification.
- Each animal or article shown will be judged according to its merit.
- Competition at the Washington County Fair is open to all except for the Queen Contest.
- No Commercial Exhibitors will be allowed on the grounds unless permission is secured from the Fair Committee.
- The Fair Committee will have a night watchman on duty Monday through Sunday nights. No one will be permitted to remain on the fairgrounds overnight unless designated by the Fair Committee. This applies to all CAMPERS! Any minor must have written parental consent on file with the committee.
- All animals, poultry, ect. must be free of disease and conform to all State and local health regulations. Please review State regulation following these rules.
- All persons with animals except rabbits and poultry are responsible for the proper watering, feeding and grooming of their exhibit and general appearance of their allocated space.
- No pets will be allowed on the Fairgrounds.
- Distribution of any type of "handbill" or "promotional material" is prohibited on the Fairgrounds or in the parking lot.
- Campers are prohibited from the use of air conditioners.
- Stock trailers will not be allowed to remain on the Fairgrounds during the Fair, but must be relegated to the designated stock trailer parking area.