Chairperson: Meghan Sears
26 Black Walnut Drive
Coventry, RI 02816
> DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE
QUEEN & PRINCESS CONTEST RULES
- Applicants must be a resident of Washington County, RI, or a member of a RI Grange or a member of a RI 4-H or FFA Club/Chapter.
- The Princess contest is for girls 14-16 years of age.
- The Queen contest is for young women 17-21 years of age.
- Wear a floor length dress, or age appropriate formal attire for the judging and announcement of winners.
- Contestants must be unmarried and have no children.
- The chosen Princess is not eligible for further competition until she is 17 years of age. The chosen Queen is no longer eligible for competition.
- Two runners-up will be chosen in each category.
- The Queen and Princess MUST ATTEND at least five hours per day for each day of fair. Dress will be appropriate and in good taste.
- The Queen and Princess MUST BE ACCOMPANIED by an escort while on the fairgrounds.
- The application must be mailed to Chair or will be accepted at rehearsal.
- Rehearsal: The Saturday before Fair at 3:00pm at Richmond Grange Hall in West Kingston, RI. This is a requirement for instructions and the deadline to accept applications. Contestants must attend.
- Judging: The Sunday before Fair at 3:00pm at Richmond Grange Hall. All contestants must be there no later than 2:30 P.M., and are required to stay until all judging is complete.
- Announcement of Winners: The winners will be announced on Wednesday (first night of fair) on the main stage at Washington County Fairgrounds. All contestants must attend.
If either winner fails to meet her obligations, she will relinquish her title to her first runner-up. Contestants will be judged on poise, personality, grooming, speaking ability and contest application. All judges scores are final. Further details and applications may be obtained from and returned to the chairperson listed above.
MINI PRINCE & PRINCESS RULES
- Applicants must be between the ages of 5-7.
- This event is limited to 50 contestants (25 females and 25 males).
- This event requires pre-registration.
- Pre-registration will take place one hour prior to the event at the Fair Office.
- Contestants will be asked to draw a picture of the Fair and to explain what the Fair means to them. Crayons and paper will be provided.
- Winners will be judged on personality and Fair enthusiasm.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- The Mini Prince and Princess will be encouraged to participate in other Children's day events.
- Contest will be held on Thursday and Friday at 11:15, on the Portable Stage. Winners will only "reign" on the day of their contest.
The Mini Prince and Princess will each receive a crown, ride bracelet and cash prize. Contest winners from Thursday will not be eligible for the contest on Friday. All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.